Flux Trends has always used its mantra – Trends as Business Strategy – to help businesses navigate disruption and formulate forward-thinking strategies that will enable them to stay ahead of the competition. That is why we have created the Alinea Masterclass Series. Part one will address concerns that our clients have around the retail sector. Part two will explore ways to promote and market their businesses whilst considering their clients’ needs. The third masterclass will concentrate on innovation and entrepreneurship to inspire a confident and alternative approach in how we do business during these uncertain times.
The Marketing Masterclass is the second in the series.
Based on our initial survey of business owners, the challenges around marketing were frequently brought up. How to market and engage during a pandemic? The appropriateness of marketing aggressively. The language of empathy. For social media marketing, which platform to use when there is digital and screen fatigue?
The crucial question marketers need to ask is: “How do I create trust and customer engagement in a saturated information landscape?”
That is why we have put together this masterclass, to address the concerns that businesses have about ways to promote their services/products without driving away or offending their customers.
Please share any marketing questions with us on this link so that our panel of industry experts can address them during the session.
Below is an overview of the speakers and the expertise they’ll be bringing to the table.
- Kirsty Bisset is a successful tech entrepreneur recognised in Fast Company’s top 20 South Africans under 30 (2016) and featured in Destiny Magazines Power of 40 report. She has also been nominated as one of the finalists in the Santam FAIRLADY Women of the Future Awards (2018). At 33, she has launched five businesses. She knows how to help business leaders take a leap of faith into the uncertain future.
- Lindile Ndube has a very particular set of skills, skills that he has acquired over a long-ish career in curiosity. He believes the work he does is ‘Counter Strategy’ because he identifies gaps in brands’ strategies, aligns his platforms to bridging those gaps and then consults strategists to consider alternative ideas. He finds the gaps in a company’s strategy and creates opportunities from them.
- Mike Stopforth is an entrepreneur, start-up investor, author, global speaker and disruption and innovation advisor on several corporate boards. He is recognised for his provoking insights into disruption-driven change, leadership and culture. He knows how to build new leadership skills and strategies needed to drive transformation and successfully navigate uncharted territory.
- Praise Majwafi is an agent of the creative economy, with a Bachelor of Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship from AFDA, Johannesburg. He has worked as a marketing agent for property development companies and as a marketing contractor for Global Citizen Festivals and Unicef. He knows what your future customers/clients need and understands how brands can leverage the opportunity gaps in the shifting consumer mindset.
Time: 10h00 – 11h30
Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Address: In the comfort of your home
Cost: R300.00 per person
Why this masterclass is important
September is traditionally the time for companies to begin rolling out their new strategies. 2020 has upended all those business cycles. It might be too soon to even talk about the proverbial “green shoots” for our battered economy but there is no reason we can’t plant those seeds right now. The pandemic has ensured that assumptions and forecasts have been zero-based. Matching the current velocity of change is the new “survive or thrive” factor.
This masterclass series is designed not only to help your business survive the rest of 2020, but also to thrive in 2021.
Keen on knowing more about our marketing experts?
Alinea aka the Pilcrow ( ¶ ) is used to designate a new paragraph, or new line of thought. It’s time to rethink.
Alinea can also refer to a beautiful and smart, kind and strong woman capable of achieving any goal in life. Just what the world needs right now.
Join us. An insight from our masterclass might just unlock the future of your company
– Looking at Trends as Business Strategy –
Image credit: Javier Allegue Barros