Flux Trends has always used its mantra – Trends as Business Strategy – to help businesses navigate disruption and formulate forward-thinking strategies that will enable them to stay ahead of the competition. That is why we have created the Alinea Masterclass Series. Part one will address concerns that our clients have around the retail sector. Part two will explore ways to promote and market their businesses whilst considering their clients’ needs. The third masterclass will concentrate on innovation and entrepreneurship to inspire a confident and alternative approach in how we do business during these uncertain times.
The first in the series is the Retail Masterclass.
Five months of lockdown have radically altered consumer behaviour. Not only have personal priorities been reassessed but imposed forays into ecommerce have changed shopping habits. These changes have in turn had a ripple effect on logistics and supply chain management.
The crucial question retailers need to ask is: “How relevant is my product or service now, and how does it fit into a changed consumer mindset?”
If you have any questions about the retail sector please share them on this link so that our panel of industry experts can address them during the session.
Below is an overview of the speakers and the expertise they’ll be bringing to the table.
- Carl Wazen is the Co-founder and Chief Business Officer of Yoco, a financial platform for small businesses. He co-founded Yoco with four friends, Katlego Maphai, Bradley Wattrus and Lungisa Matshoba. He knows payment systems.
- Preston Gaddy is the general manager of the Sandton City precinct. He has more than two decades of diverse property management and development exposure. He understands tenants and what makes shopping environments tick.
- Vusi Mthimunye is chief operations officer of eButler – a grocery shopping service with a difference. It reaches just about every community in South Africa, from townships and inner-city precincts to rural areas and informal settlements. He is adept at finding alternative distribution channels.
- Bradley Kirshenbaum is a Johannesburg-based creative professional, who has vast experience in the advertising and marketing industry. In 2005 he created a stylised graphic of Johannesburg’s skyline which launched the Love Jozi brand. It started as a side hustle then got registered as a business in 2008. He knows how to position or pivot a brand.
Time: 10h00 – 11h30
Date: Wednesday, 16 September 2020
Address: In the comfort of your home
Cost: R300.00 per person
Special Offer: If you book tickets to all three masterclasses you can claim your free 1 Month Trend Cards Membership worth R990-00 per month.
Why this masterclass is important.
September is traditionally the time for companies to begin rolling out their new strategies. 2020 has upended all those business cycles. It might be too soon to even talk about the proverbial “green shoots” for our battered economy but there is no reason we can’t plant those seeds right now. The pandemic has ensured that assumptions and forecasts have been zero-based. Matching the current velocity of change is the new “survive or thrive” factor.
This masterclass series is designed not only to help your business survive the rest of 2020, but to thrive in 2021.
Want more information on our expert panel?
Alinea aka the Pilcrow ( ¶ ) is used to designate a new paragraph, or new line of thought. It’s time to rethink.
Alinea can also refer to a beautiful and smart, kind and strong woman capable of achieving any goal in life. Just what the world needs right now.
Join us. An insight from our masterclass might just unlock the future of your company
– Looking at Trends as Business Strategy –
Image credit: Pixabay