Flux Trends has always used its mantra – Trends as Business Strategy – to help businesses navigate disruption and formulate forward-thinking strategies that will enable them to stay ahead of their competition. That is why we have created the Alinea Masterclass Series. Part one will address concerns that our clients have around the retail sector. Part two will explore ways to promote and market their businesses whilst considering their clients’ needs. The third masterclass will concentrate on innovation and entrepreneurship to inspire a confident and alternative approach in how we do business during these uncertain times.
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Masterclass is the third in the series.
One of the more surprising outcomes of the pandemic and lockdown was seeing new, innovative business models emerging – against all odds – servicing communities off the traditional corporate radar. These new start-ups have unearthed opportunities that will have established brands and businesses kicking themselves for not identifying what was right under their noses.
Innovation will be critical during the Great Staggering (the journey to the new normal) and one of Flux’s key services is to help companies scale innovation.
After Flux’s inaugural Solution Based Innovation Tour earlier this year we’ve amassed enough case studies and methodologies to help companies instil a culture of innovation in their organisations.
That is why we have created this masterclass as the grande crescendo of the series, as it aims to help you find a way forward.
Please share any questions with us on this link so that our panel of industry experts can address them during the session.
Below is an overview of the speakers and the expertise they’ll be bringing to the table.
- Lesley Williams is the CEO of Wits University’s Tshimologong Precinct that aims to take African digital innovation to global markets through entrepreneurship and skills development. She also serves on the 4IR Advisory Panel for Gauteng Province. She has 20 years of international experience in curating innovation ecosystems and networks with a primary focus on social and digital innovation. She knows how to scale innovation within the African continent.
- Lee Naik is Chief Executive Officer of TransUnion Africa and is recognised as one of South Africa’s leading digital and technology transformation experts. He is a visionary and thought leader on real-world digital trends, challenges and solutions. Lee is responsible for a portfolio of businesses across eight countries on the African continent. He knows how to help businesses make more informed decisions and help consumers lead a better quality of life.
- Sylvester Chauke is Founder and Chief Architect of DNA Brand Architects, South Africa’s PR agency of the year 2018 and winner of the ICCO World’s Best PR campaign 2019. He was also CNBC’s All Africa Young Business Leader of the Year 2017. He knows innovative branding.
- Tshidi Morabi is the inventor of LocTransie, a mobile application that connects parents with their child’s school transport system. She established the business in 2014 and has over 20 years experience in the technology sector focusing mainly on Software Development. In February 2020, Tshidi was one of the inventors who participated in the Flux Trends inaugural Innovation Tour. She knows how to apply solution-based innovation in the local context.
Time: 10h00 – 11h30
Date: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Address: In the comfort of your home
Cost: R300.00 per person
Why this masterclass is important
September is traditionally the time for companies to begin rolling out their new strategies. 2020 has upended all those business cycles. It might be too soon to even talk about the proverbial “green shoots” for our battered economy but there is no reason we can’t plant those seeds right now. The pandemic has ensured that assumptions and forecasts have been zero-based. Matching the current velocity of change is the new “survive or thrive” factor.
This masterclass series is designed not only to help your business survive the rest of 2020, but also to thrive in 2021.
Be better acquainted with our innovation and entrepreneurship masterclass experts?
Alinea aka the Pilcrow ( ¶ ) is used to designate a new paragraph, or new line of thought. It’s time to rethink.
Alinea can also refer to a beautiful and smart, kind and strong woman capable of achieving any goal in life. Just what the world needs right now.
Join us. An insight from our masterclass might just unlock the future of your company
– Looking at Trends as Business Strategy –
Image credit: Matt Palmer