Fact: Online shopping in South Africa has entered a phase of sustained acceleration.
Flux Trends’ new report explores this trend and unpacks the reasons why bricks and mortar retailers have to rethink the way they do business. We ask the question that’s on every retailer’s lips: Is the rise of online shopping, the demise of bricks & mortar retail?
Many traditional retailers have rushed to offer online services without doing enough homework and without spending time developing long-term strategies that will impress and retain their early adopter customers. You only get one chance with a tech savvy customer.
While small to medium-sized businesses are uncertain about the value of initiating an online option, the reality is, if they act fast, there is a small window of opportunity – right now – for smart retailers to steal market share from their sleepy big-brand competitors.
In this presentation we explore why Internet-savvy consumers, who are growing in numbers at a rapid rate, are migrating to online shopping and what bricks and mortar businesses need to do to make sure they stand out, rather than miss out.
The presentation will explore the following:
· The rise of online shopping in SA – what’s the market share and future trajectory
· Changing consumer behaviour – why customers are migrating online
· Friend or Foe? – How e-tailing is disrupting traditional business models as well as supply chains
· Swings and roundabouts – The pros and cons of offering online services
· All things to all people – How to hook a customer who hops (and shops) between the real and
· “Mezzanine” online services that bricks and mortar retailers can use to attract customers
· Customer relations and servicing a new hybrid shopper.
If you’re a small to medium-sized business, this presentation has been created especially for you. It will help you resolve your ‘should-you-or-shouldn’t-you’ online dilemma and will illuminate the best way forward for your business.
Looking at Trends as a Business Strategy.
If you are interested in booking this presentation for your team or clients please contact Bethea Clayton on email@example.com or +27764539405
Image credit: Daniel Allan/Gallo Images/Getty Images