- What: This tribe is made up of a stylish and diverse selection of social media influencers who are much older than their twenty-something counterparts. Elderly women and couples are defying stereotypes of what being older is and what being old looks like.
- Case studies: Helen Ruth Elam is a 92 year old performance artist and influencer who has worked with famous brands and celebrities. She initially started her online career on twitter but migrated to Instagram where she has a following of 3.5 million followers. Taiwanese couple Mr Wan-ji Chang and Ms. Hsu Sho-er are owners of their own laundromat who shot to stardom when their grandson encouraged them to post pics of themselves on social media in their customers’ forgotten laundry. They now have a following of 651,000 followers thus demonstrating that these seniors have significant influence.
- Tribe Leader/Influencers: Helen Ruth Elam ( ) AND Lyn Slater ( ) AND Chang Wan-ji and Hsu Sho-er of WANT SHOW as young
- Kin Tribe: Anti-retirists
- Industry: Retail and Marketing, Fashion and Beauty
- Tags: #instagrannies #granfluencers #seniorinfluencers #postpandemictribes #antiretirists
Click the button below to access your tribe card.
Want to have a look at the other members of this tribes ?
Click the tribe below for more:
Image credit: Pexels