- What: This tribe is made up of South African millennials who are embracing aspects of their culture by merging traditional attire and accessories with modern wear. This is creating opportunities for the cultural entrepreneurs. They aim to strike a balance between traditional beliefs and cultural identity and their place in modern, connected society.
- Case studies: Emerging brand iFele has remodelled the ‘imbadada’ traditional amaZulu sandal to appeal to the cosmopolitan man, while Thandeka Ntuli has reinterpreted the high heel by adding decorative amaNdebele beading.
- Tribe Leader/Influencers: Amanda Black AND Trevor Stuurman
- Kin Tribe: Africa: Local Influence Tribes
- Industry: Tourism and Hospitality, Retail and Marketing, Food and Beverage, Media and Entertainment, Fashion and Beauty
Click the button below to access your tribe card.
Want to have a look at the other members of the Africa: Local Influence Tribes?
Click the tribe below for more:
Image credit: Nadina Granville