Eighteen years on from the birth of the Rainbow Nation; South Africans can no longer simply be categorised as ‘Black’, ‘White’, ‘Coloured’ or ‘Indian’.
Old stereotypes have evaporated and have been replaced by a new cast of colourful characters that approach life, love and brands from a very different perspective to the generations before them.
Influenced by both the global cosmopolitan culture and traditional belief systems, contemporary South Africans are complex, three dimensional characters that cannot be accurately described by traditional demographic segmentation models.
This presents a challenge to marketers and brands: Who are they really selling to? – And what, exactly, do their prospects want? Meet South Africa’s New Urban Tribes attempts to answer these questions by identifying and describing twelve distinct new urban tribes contributing to South Africa’s economy.
In this presentation we are introduced to the tribe members. Tribe members from the Technohippie to the Domestic PA, is brought to vivid life, leaving the spectactor with a clear understanding of what defines and drives contemporary South Africans.
In Meet South Africa’s New Urban Tribes you will discover
- The real people, beyond the stereotypes, who make up the New South Africa
- The difference between a Diamond Chip and an Empowerment Kugel
- How to identify each of South Africa’s ten new tribes – how they dress, where they live and what they buy
- Why Indo Asians earn more than the average South African
- What each of these new tribes want – what drives them, motivates them, fulfills them
- How Bieber Brats stay in touch
- How the members of the new tribes communicate with each other
- What the Lost Generation is looking for
- How to connect with each of the new tribes on a deep and meaningful level
This presentation is a must-see for anyone working in marketing, media or communications who wants a deeper understanding of who their target market really is and how to connect with them in a meaningful, mutually beneficial manor. Packed with insightful examples and exciting ideas, New Urban Tribes of South Africa is an indispensable guide for anyone who wants to make sense of all the colourful characters that make up the new Rainbow Nation.
Looking at Trends as a Business Strategy.
If you are interested in booking this presentation for your team or clients please contact Bethea Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27764539405
Image credit: Gallo Images/ Getty Images