Johannesburg I Cape Town I Durban
The Premier Trends Events in Southern Africa.
Brought to you by Heavy Chef and Flux Trends.
It’s time for annual ‘The Futurists’ event – the most informed and exciting way to kick off the year for all entrepreneurs.
This time around we’re asking ‘What does the Future look like for South Africa?
South Africa’s biggest Trends showcase, now open for bookings:
In the first quarter of 2024, an election year for our young democracy, Flux Trends partners with entrepreneur community Heavy Chef to cast a lens on what to expect. Futurist and Partner at Flux Trends, Bronwyn Williams will reveal the ideas for “hacking (what remains of) our democracy”. The famously controversial Williams will unpack the pragmatically optimistic civic and entrepreneurial action detailed in her new book, Rescuing Our Republic.
Our 2024 panel is joined by Flux Trend’s Foresight Lead, Tumelo Mojapelo, to encourage us to claim and use our agency and imagination to work together to “world build” the South Africa we want to live and work in together. What if it all goes right? And what would it take to increase the odds of a positive turnaround?
Finally, Dion Chang, Founder of Flux Trends presents the much anticipated 2024 edition of the Flux Trends annual flagship report: The State We’re In, designed to give you a diverse “tasting menu” of what the near and midterm future has in store for us all.
- In-Person Event.
- R250 per seat.
- Free for Heavy Chef members. Not a member? Sign up here.
- Heavy Chef members: please email us for assistance if required.
- The Futurists events are brought to you by Flux Trends and Heavy Chef.
- Heavy Chef events are brought to you by Xero, PayFast and Workshop17.
- Support is provided by Quicket, Workshop17, Sir Fruit, Happy Culture and Backsberg and Sally-Anne Creed.
- Heavy Chef is proud partners with Xneelo, Whipping the Cat and Global Citizen.