- What: This tribe is mindful about their lifestyle. They are conscious about and practice recycling, upcycling, decluttering and ‘clean’ eating. This group is mindful of what goods and foods they consume. Buying fewer products to reduce the growth of landfills and plastic polluting the ocean. Many are shifting from consumption to a way of living that places value on personal growth, family, travel and spirituality.
- Case study: Japanese writer Fumio Sasaki has done much to popularise the movement, showing that one can live comfortably with less stuff. The minimalist lives in a one room apartment, owns three shirts, four pairs of trousers and four pairs of socks. Businesses have taken note of the trend and a company like Patagonia in the US uses recycled fabric for its outdoor apparel, marketing its products to appeal to this cohort.
- Tribe Leader/Influencers: Fumio Sasaki AND Patagonia AND My New Roots by Sarah Britton
- Kin Tribe: Food Traveller
- Industry: Tourism and Hospitality, Retail and Marketing, Food and Beverage, Health and Wellness
Click the button below to access your tribe card.
Want to have a look at the other members of the Food Travellers?
Click the tribes below for more:
Image credit: Emile Seguin