Value has been decoupled from reality.
This has vast implications for all aspects of society and business, from marketing to finance and everything in between.
For a start, we can start to question:
- The limits of “limits to growth” – when growth is no longer tied to scarce physical resources.
- The very foundations of our increasingly untethered economic and monetary systems (as we see with negative interest rates and quantitative easing).
- The very concept of worth and value themselves (as we can see by the popularity of ideas such as UBI).
In this talk, we unpack how the shift in value from the real to the unreal, from the physical to the virtual, from the tangible to the intangible, will affect the way we view and exchange value.
Trends covered include :
- How software ate the world – following the money to see how what we value today differs from the past – and why.
- Human data as human value – what this means, why it matters, and why some things should perhaps not have a price…
- Metaversenomics – how borderless digital currencies, combined with digital goods are disrupting the fabric of our very social contracts.
- The “nifty economy” – how creators are taking back control from The Man.
- Unreal estate – Digital scarcity, the emerging virtual goods economy and its impact on sustainability and new market (and marketing) opportunities.
- Marketing in the machine – the growing global gaming opportunity for brands and businesses.
- Platform landlords – and the trade-offs baked into the cyber rentier economy for brands, consumers, citizens and countries alike.
- The WIFI curtain – why control of the “digital substrate” is the key battleground for political and economic control in the age of 4D geopolitics.
- Player politics – how politicians and activists are taking their campaigns off the streets and into the machine.
- Escape from reality – digital twins, personal avatars, cyber immortality and unreal-real-life parallel universes.
If you want to understand how the invisible world is changing the visible world, and the myriad of opportunities springing up as a result, this intro to the Unreal Estate is for you.
Presented by Bronwyn Williams
Aren’t you curious to see the vast opportunities in the metaverse?
– Looking at Trends as Business Strategy-
If you are interested in booking this virtual trend briefing for your team or clients please contact Bethea Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27764539405.
Image credit: Gallo Images/ Getty Images