How trends on the fringe of taboo are reshaping the mainstream
This trend talk dives into all things taboo to reveal how the trends at the fringes of culture are going mainstream – and changing business and society along the way.
Trends covered include:
- Platformication: From OnlyFans to Apple, how our fetishes are revealing the hidden power structures in the “deep stacks” that control our digital societies and what this means for your business.
- Uncovered calls: How nudes have become loan collateral for cash-strapped consumers (and what that says about our economy and our ethics).
- Consent culture: How Generation Z is driving its own “sexual revolution” and what that means for your HR policy.
- The saddest happiest places on earth: Why and where in the word depression and psychiatric drug dependence is growing (from Nordic nations, to college campuses) and what this hints about managing and mentoring the future workforce.
- Digital drugs: Why video games, VR experiences and smartphone apps are getting FDA approval (and why you might need to add them to your employee wellness programmes).
- Why psychedelics are the new green: Or how magic mushrooms and microdosing are going mainstream – in the boardroom and the bedroom (and the nursery).
- From the Silk Road in 2011 to Sweden in 2021: why the dark and decentralised webs are giving law enforcers (and tax men) very expensive headaches (and how they are responding, with repercussions for us all).
- The robots are coming for our (rockstars’) jobs: How AI, from GPT4 to international AI song contests is challenging human creativity – and the future of work and jobs as we know it.
- From Punks to, well, rocks: What NFT mania can tell us about the future of the creator economy – and our decentralised, but not necessarily democratised micropayment future.
- Let them eat VR cake: The promise and peril of virtual escapism as an alternative to addressing real world socio-economic challenges.
And much more besides. Join us to discover how taboo trends will influence your business strategy in the coming months and years.
Presented by Bronwyn Williams
Time: 16h00 to 17h00
Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021
Address: In the comfort of your home
This will be a Zoom webinar. Once you have booked your ticket, you will receive an email to register for this webinar. After you register, you will receive an email from Zoom with the webinar link and password.
If you are interested in booking this virtual trend briefing for your team or clients please contact Bethea Clayton on email@example.com or +27764539405.
A special thanks to our sponsors
Image credit: Gallo Images/ Getty Images