- What: This tribe is made up of young entrepreneurs who are using their businesses as platforms to address social issues that speak to their values.
- Case studies: An example of this is Olatiwa Karade, the owner of Splendid Rain Co, who created a political clothing line following the US 2016 presidential campaign. She felt African Americans were not adequately represented and didn’t have a voice, so she developed a range of T-shirts with provocative political slogans like ‘Your founding fathers owned slaves’.
- Tribe Leader/Influencers: Maya Penn AND Olatiwa Karade
- Kin Tribe: New Leadership Tribes
- Industry: Retail and Marketing, Religion, Fashion and Beauty, Activism and Social Justice
Click the button below to access your tribe card.
Want to have a look at the other members of the New Leadership Tribe?
Click the tribe below for more:
Image credit: My Network Apparel