Presented by Bronwyn Williams
The art of communicating and doing business in a hyper visual era.
When Lewis Carroll wrote Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There, in 1871 (a sequel to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland), he wrote of an alternative universe, “where things are not as they should be”.
Almost 150 years later, with the help of technology, we find ourselves in a different alternative universe: a hyper visual realm, which we delve into multiple times throughout the day via our most intimate and constant companion – the smartphone.
Our visual social media platforms have changed the way we connect, interact and communicate, spawning not only a new emoji language, but pushing us closer – one transient snapchat at a time – to a parallel universe where virtual and augmented realities meet. Welcome to the metaverse. The technology is ready and forward thinking brands are already experimenting. The race to grab your attention, visually – in unimaginable ways – has begun.
If your business is not speaking visually then consider this:
- The tipping point of social media commerce has been reached. The “see, click, buy” mantra has become seamless, integrated, and more visually compelling.
- Instagram has disrupted and transformed the mechanics and marketing of industries ranging from the art world to the modelling industry.
- How the adoption of visual social media commerce by the travel and hospitality industries has led to groundbreaking, commercial uses of virtual reality.
eSports – where virtual gaming spills out into physical sports arenas, and drone racing using VR, has rapidly grown into new multimillion-dollar spectator sports.
- How new “area learning, 3D camera technology” is about to revolutionise the architectural, real estate, interior design and home décor industries.
- How virtual and augmented realities are already being used for common good, in the healthcare industry as well as for education.
- Venture Capitalists invested $1.7 billion in the 12 months leading to March 2016 in AR or VR start-ups, and $1.2 billion of that was in the first quarter of this year alone. Something big is happening.
Who is this presentation designed for?
- Industries that already rely heavily on visual communication such as advertising, marketing and retail. The hyper visual trends that Flux sees on the horizon are about to transform your game and change the rules of engagement.
- Anyone who is in the business of communicating, whether it is to customers or internal corporate communication. There is a new visual language that will drive your message home more effectively.
- Businesses who are feeling the waves of disruption and would like to alter the status quo and their standing within their industries. We are experiencing a visual revolution that will change the way we do business and engage with each other.
Aren’t you curious to find out how this new era of visual communication will impact your business and your clients?
Looking at Trends as a Business Strategy.
If you are interested in booking this presentation for your team or clients please contact Bethea Clayton on firstname.lastname@example.org or +27764539405
Image credit: Gallo Images/ Getty Images/ Artur Debat